Sunday, February 3, 2013

Short-eared Owls, Barred owl & Eastern Coyote

A truly amazing weekend for wildlife. For the past two nights at least 3 short-eared owls have been in the reserve. Seeing 3 owls in the same plain of vision at once. Another bird far down the road as a possible 4th owl. Seeing 3 of these owls hunting at once is a truly amazing experience. I also caught a Barred owl in the Reserve as well. Finally today while exploring the deep woods of Salisbury with my buddy we saw a beautiful cream colored coyote. My buddy's dad has seen this animal around the area for upwards of 4 years. I did not get the camera out in time to get a picture of the coyote, amateur hour on my part. 




This group of short-eared owls really come out at dusk, with about 20mins each day until dark, thus making good photos impossible. Amazing to watch though.


                                      

Couldn't quite get a shot of 3 at once

No comments:

Post a Comment