Monday, January 14, 2013

Snowy Owl & other such not

Casey & I spent the weekend in Maine; Wells, York, and Kennebunkport area. Some interesting birds; Crossbills, Siskins, a Common Raven, and the highlight a Snowy Owl. A few Snowy's have been spotted along the Maine coast, and I was hoping to catch one while up there. The owl was out in the middle of the Harbor on a small "island" or pile of rocks... from what I could tell. Very odd location, the bird was waaayyy out there, but still great to see.

Later today upon my return to Plum Island Casey & I caught a Rough-legged Hawk, a few hundred Dunlin & Sanderlings at lot 5 and Barred Owl in the reserve.

To give a idea of how far out the Snowy was....

A white blob is the best the lens could muster 


Barred Picture by Casey
                                     
                                                  Late flock of mixed Dunlin & Sanderlings

W.W. Crossbill on cones

No comments:

Post a Comment