Monday, July 30, 2012

Red Headed Woodpecker

Casey & I hit New England Bio-Labs to check out the Redheaded Woodpecker. The Redhead an infrequent migrant & rare breeder in Mass, was actively feeding about the swamp area. Managed to get a few pictures in, but more of a watching experience. Great bird, I had only seen one previous to this venture. 


The Bio-labs had some other great species about, I haven't been out there since I was a teenager. Of note where; a Green Heron, a jv Yellow-crowned Night Heron, a Coopers Hawk, and lots of Eastern Blue Birds.


Here on P.I. the Tree Swallows are starting to mass by the thousands, if you have not been out on the island for this, there have to be hundreds of thousands of them... given the right day. I had at least 5,000 + at lot one, and another group by the Wardens. Lots of peep's in the pannes on Sunday, and a few BCN Herons flying threw the mist. A Peregrine & a jv N. Harrier.





Gray day



                                                    Also a few cool yard creatures as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment