Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Banding & Yard Birds

I know for most people birds like Downy Woodpeckers, White-breasted Nuthatches  and  Chickadee's are "common" yard birds. But having these guys in our yard on Plum Island is exciting. I've seen more Snowy Owls from my old yard than Downy Woodpeckers. Anyways...really enjoying my new yard birding. Lots of Yellow-rumped Warblers moving though this week as well.

                                                               Northern Harrier
                                                              Y.R. Warbler
I have a field note in the October Bird Observer, you can get copies at Bird Supply in town or online at www.birdobserver.org/Issues/2015/October-2015
                                                       Awwwwwwwwwww




 

No comments:

Post a Comment