Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring time

Lots of migrants arriving. The woods are full of Hermit Thrush, Golden Crowned Kinglets, Brown Creepers, and Flickers. From what I can tell there are still 6+ Snowy Owls around on the Island. One bird is definitively them same bird that has been on the causeway all winter. The others possible birds moving though on their way back to the arctic.

                                                                        H. Thrush

                                                                    Male Harrier
                                                           Beautiful Male Snowy

The meeting of spring and winter, Redwing Blackbird and Snowy Owl.

A Red Fox den at the Salisbury Reserve has received quite a bit of attention. I stopped by to see the Kits who were adorable. On my second visits to the den I found it mobbed by photographers. I went to the marsh side to view an owl I noticed, there I  found one of the fox adults trying to figure out how to reach the den through the crowd to bring in some prey. Personally I don't think I will go to the den again, clearly a lot of stress on the parents. 







No comments:

Post a Comment