Thursday, March 6, 2014

Northern Hawk Owl

Soo every year I try to see a Hawk Owl in some god forsaken frozen northern town, and every year I fail to find a bird. Not this year people !!! I took off from Plum at 4:30am, early bound for Waterbury Vermont. The bird was easy to locate, and only one other person around. I watched the Owl via scope on a far off snag for a while, then it took off into the forest. At this point I decided to sit in the car for a bit to warm my  frost bitten feet.  After some de-thaw I got out of the car to relocate the bird...and it litterally flew directly at me ! It landed, and perched in a tree not more than 10 feet away just starring at me. Super cool and super comical, Hawk Owls are... hilarious.  Overall an unreal birding experience....such a great trip. My buddy Forest also made an appearance from near by Pittsfield to check out the bird.   Nemesis bird no longer.


                                                                         Far off
                                                  Sometimes you have an itchy head...


No comments:

Post a Comment